|Art by Trevor Baum|
I dream a lot and I talk a lot about things I want to happen in the future. Here are my top ten goals that are measurable, detailed, and have a deadline.
I also really like lists, so every Friday you will get some sort of list. Most of them won't be this serious though.
Goals, in no particular order:
1. To own this tiny house by the time I turn 30. I love the idea of living small.
2. To get rid of all the clothes I never wear and have a capsule wardrobe. Literally, my floor is full of this pile of clothing I don't need. I want this done by the end of the summer, but now that I have a free weekend, it may be done by Monday.
3. To have one month of emergency savings by the end of the year. I think I'll sleep better at night.
4. To do something creative-- anything at all-- every single day.
5. To sew my own formal dress (I imagine something like this) and also a not-so-formal dress (like this!) This way I always have a dress on hand for your wedding/funeral/fireman's ball and I don't keep buying dresses that don't fit my body the right way. Maybe by December as well?
6. To go an entire week without saying something negative about myself or my body.
7. To master crow pose. I did it-- and held it-- the other day for a few seconds and was so proud!
8. To bring in ten new design clients-- and finish their respective projects-- by December.
9. To finish the children's book that's been swimming around in my head for a month or two... by the end of the year.
10. To skate in a roller derby bout by July of next year. I am approaching my one-year derbyversary and I am still so far off from being even close to ready to playing. It's discouraging, but it's mostly my fault. I have a few skills I need to master before my gameplay will improve. Either I kick it into full gear or I quit derby, and I'm not ready to give up this dream yet.